UK: Next Radio, the radio ideas conference, will be back in central London on Monday September 18th, it was announced today. Subjects to be discussed at the conference include voice-controlled speakers, interviewing technique, podcasting, on-demand audio and station promotions.
The first set of speakers were announced this morning on the conference’s Twitter account, @thisisnextradio:
- Nicky Birch from Rosina Sound for BBC R&D shares her work on interactive audio programmes for the Amazon Echo
- Liz Haynes from BBC Radio and Music Multiplatform shares lessons learnt when designing artwork for audio
- Emily Turnbull from RadioWorks will cover international ideas for radio and its clients
- Radio presenter Sam Walker promises that she will show what radio can learn from other successful genres
- US radio consultant Valerie Geller shares tips for producing powerful podcasts
Next Radio is curated by Matt Deegan and James Cridland and is now in its seventh year and is supported by Broadcast Bionics. It will be held at the Royal Institution in central London, the home of the Christmas Lectures.
Tickets are available at the new website address of http://next.radio – making the conference one of the first users of the new .radio internet domain in the world.
A special early-bird rate of just £99 (+VAT) is available until the end of June.
Matt Deegan said: “We’re delighted to announce the return of Next Radio. With over 25 speakers on the day, none speaking for longer than 18 minutes, it’s a fast-paced day for everyone in radio and audio.”
James Cridland added: “I’m very much looking forward to another great day. With inspiring speakers such as these and no panel sessions, Next Radio is a conference worth travelling across the world for.”
Oh… and if you can’t wait… they’ve uploaded video’s and other content from previous conferences to their website.