UK: Next Radio has announced a new set of speakers for their radio ideas conference in London in September. Among them is BBC Radio 1 DJ Annie Macm along with Nan Davies (Somethin’ Else), Michelle Livesey (Key 103), Sindhu Vee and Brett Spencer (BBC Asian Network) and also Irish radio coach Nails Mahoney.
Joining Annie Mac on the 18th September at London’s Royal Institution will be:
- Somethin’ Else’s Nan Davies explaining the success of the Penguin Podcast
- Key 103’s News Editor Michelle Livesey will talk about creating campaigning journalism
- We’ll find out about the BBC Asian Network’s comedy events with Sindhu Vee and Brett Spencer
- and Irish radio coach Nails Mahoney tells us “why radio sucks”
Previously Next Radio has announced:
- Nicky Birch from Rosina Sound for BBC R&D shares her work on interactive audio programmes for the Amazon Echo
- Liz Haynes from BBC Radio and Music Multiplatform shares lessons learnt when designing artwork for audio
- Emily Turnbull from RadioWorks will cover international ideas for radio and its clients
- Radio presenter Sam Walker promises that she will show what radio can learn from other successful genres
- US radio consultant Valerie Geller shares tips for producing powerful podcasts<(li>
Tickets at a special early-bird rate of just £99 (+VAT) is only available until Friday night. They are available now from next.radio
Next Radio is curated by Matt Deegan and James Cridland and is now in its seventh year and is supported by Broadcast Bionics. It will be held at the Royal Institution in central London, the home of the Christmas Lectures.