UK: Next Radio, the radio ideas conference, has Wednesday announced raft of speakers from Radio 1, audioBoom, the Global Academy, Bauer, BFBS and Edison Research. – This year sessions around podcasts, brand extensions and events will sit alongside brilliant ideas for making radio stations sound exceptional, says co-organiser James Cridland.
The Next Radio conference Wednesday announced more speakers:
- Sam Bailey and Joe Harland are set to give an exclusive preview of Radio 1 Vintage – their pop up station celebrating the 50th birthday of the network.
- A behind the scenes look at Global’s school – the Global Academy from Community and Business Development Manager Jonathan Jacobs
- Edison Research’s Megan Lazovic from New Jersey will talk about their podcast and smart speaker research.
- From audioBoom Alex Adey will talk about how fan podcasts are making their mark on a variety of sectors.
- Adam Waters from BFBS will be explaining how they helped teach digital skills to the armed forces.
Co-Organiser James Cridland:
“Next Radio is all about inspiring the audience with great stories from all around the world. This year sessions around podcasts, brand extensions and events will sit alongside brilliant ideas for making radio stations sound exceptional.”
The newly announced speakers will join Radio 1’s Annie Mac, Somethin’ Else’s Nan Davies, Key 103’s News Editor Michelle Livesey, the BBC Asian Network’s comedy events with Sindhu Vee and Brett Spencer, Irish radio coach Nails Mahoney, Nicky Birch from Rosina Sound, Liz Haynes from BBC Radio and Music Multiplatform, Emily Turnbull from RadioWorks, Radio presenter Sam Walker and US radio consultant Valerie Geller.
Tickets are now available at https://next.radio
Next Radio is curated by Matt Deegan and James Cridland and is now in its seventh year and is supported by Broadcast Bionics. It will be held at the Royal Institution in central London, the home of the Christmas Lectures.