Austria: Last week a kick off meeting was held in Vienna, Austria for the international group of radio and audio professionals who make up the Radiodays Europe Programme Committee. This group starts the planning for what is the largest European radio and audio event of it’s kind. The meeting was held in the host city for 2018 Vienna, Austria a city with a history of music, radio and audio second to none.
Radiodays Europe is proud to be bringing over 1,500 radio and audio professionals from over 60 countries to a city with a strong radio market. Radiodays Europe 2018 runs for three days with a number of workshops, events and the exhibition opening on Sunday 19 March 2018 with the main two conference days running on Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 March 2018.
Anders Held, Project Manager and Founding Partner of Radiodays Europe said;
– This year we are collecting an exciting mix of topic and speaker suggestions to ensure we can offer fantastic, new, creative content during Radiodays Europe 2018. We are focusing on radio and on all areas, which affect the radio business today. With particular focus on audio of any kind whether this is Podcasting, audio in the car and the rise of streaming audio services, which continue to offer challenges, and opportunities in equal measure to traditional radio and radio providers.
– As the curators of the conference programme we are always striving to offer quality content with speakers at the highest level incorporating innovation, new ideas and ensuring equality and diversity amongst our speakers and audience. We are calling for topic suggestions for the conference programme from all areas of radio and any sectors related to audio or the future of the radio business.
Radiodays Europe 2018 is supported by two local partners the public broadcaster in Austria, Österreichischer Rundfunk (ORF), and the Association of Commercial Broadcasters in Austria (VÖP). The Austrian radio market is small in radio terms however innovation is key to the future of the radio business and this year the local market theme for Radiodays Europe will be ‘Innovation made in Austria’.
– We are proud to welcome the Radiodays Europe 2018 to Vienna for the first time, says Director of ORF Radio, Monika Eigensperger.
– Radio is a dynamic medium which is constantly evolving. Innovative ideas and creative projects are an integral part of our identity as an industry. I am very much looking forward to stimulating discussions and a fruitful international exchange of ideas at the conference.
– We are delighted to have Radiodays Europe in Vienna next year, says Ernst Swoboda, Chairman of the Association of Commercial Broadcasters VÖP.
– Austria might be a small radio market, but it is a very competitive market. This is an ideal environment for developing creative and innovative ideas. We are happy to present some of our most exciting radio projects at Radiodays Europe 2018.
The Programme Group for Radiodays Europe came together in Vienna to discuss the potential topics covered by next year’s event and speakers to be invited. The Radiodays Europe conference is split into four tracks with each track covering radio strategy, programming, business, content, podcasting, technology, new media, audio and commercial presentations.
To suggest a topic or speaker for the conference please send these suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.